ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Problem with management class

2008-04-24 17:21:12
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Problem with management class
From: Wanda Prather <wprather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 17:19:43 -0400
By default, backup versions of directories themselves are bound to the mgmt
class with the longest RETONLY value.
If the mgmt classes have the same RETONLY value, as yours do, TSM will pick
one and use that for the directories.  In this case I think it picked the
one you don't want.  It's sending your file backups to WINDOWS_CLS mgmt
class, but using WINTAPE_CLS for directories.

Specify DIRMC in your dsm.opt file as WINDOWS_CLS to control where the
directories go.
Or you could just change the/RETONLY setting for WINDOWS_CLS to 61, so that
WINDOWS_CLS gets chosen by default as the mgmt class for directories.