ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How long should we keep volhist?

2008-04-23 15:11:11
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How long should we keep volhist?
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 14:10:00 -0500
If you are talking about the actual volhist.out backup file, I'd keep
one for every dbbackup.

If you are talking about volume entries in the volhist, I'd go with
Remco's post.
Not that DBBackups are expired by setting the proper options under DRM
so you don't have to run a del volhist type=dbb or dbsnap for that.
And, as I recently found from the group a type=all is bad too, because
you may have backup set volumes you want to keep track of.

See Ya'
Howard