ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How do I get TDPO to send controlfiles to SBT_TAPE instead of DISK?

2008-04-23 03:03:46
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How do I get TDPO to send controlfiles to SBT_TAPE instead of DISK?
From: Dan Foster <tronic183 AT EVILPHB DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 03:02:29 -0400
Hot Diggety! Dan Foster was rumored to have written:
> My DBAs and I are completely baffled. How do I get TDPO to send
> controlfiles to SBT_TAPE instead of DISK?

Eventually resolved: needed to get *every* single config file on BOTH
hosts to match for a restore to the DR host, AND to disable
PASSWordaccess GENERATE.

After that, went swimmingly, and the DBAs not familiar with RMAN/TDPO
were impressed. We then set up a RMAN catalog db, which worked great, too.

-Dan