ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Celerra tape device names for NDMP

2008-04-23 00:15:56
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Celerra tape device names for NDMP
From: Robert Clark <Robert_Clark AT MAC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 21:14:21 -0700
Its been a few years since I looked at a Celerra, but there should be
a command to list the devices from the Celerra's point of view. (If
nothing else, maybe a system log file?)

Once you can get this output, you should be able to figure out which
is which by comaparing the tape driver serial numbers. (Uh, the VTL
does fake serial numbers on the drives, right?)

The last time I worked with it, I used a NetApp manual and a TSM
manual, and read between the lines. (Yes, the Celerra manuals were
that bad.)

[RC]