ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Backup Copygroup setting

2008-04-22 13:40:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Backup Copygroup setting
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 13:39:01 -0400
On Apr 22, 2008, at 1:29 PM, David E Ehresman wrote:

Set Version Exists and Versions Deleted to no limit.  Set Retain
versions and Retain only to 1.  Delete the file from disk after 60
days.  The backup will go away a day later.

If an Incremental backup on a directory, yes; but we have no
information as to what technique Litespeed is using.  I suspect that
the TSM API method is being used, to operate on only the new file(s),
like a Selective.  In that case, housekeeping should be up to the
initiating application...which created the situation.

  Richard Sims