ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Combining two TSM servers into one.

2008-04-21 16:23:01
Subject: [ADSM-L] Combining two TSM servers into one.
From: "Ochs, Duane" <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 15:21:38 -0500
I'm sure someone has done this before. I'm just looking for a little
kick in the right direction.
I have two TSM servers.
One (TSM server 1) with a L700 library using SDLT320 drives with a 50gb
db and approximately 90 TB of data and another (TSM server 2) using a SL
T950 with LTO-4. Both are behind the same SVC.
I'm combining the two TSM servers into the same library and into the
same TSM DB.

Option one, get a LTO-4 drive connected to TSM server1 and export nodes
one at a time, then import the data into TSM server 2.

Option two, get a SDLT320 drive connected to TSM server 2, export from
TSM server 1 and import into 2.

??? Option three,  Is it possible to export to disk, and move the file
system from TSM server 1 to TSM server 2 and import ?

Option 1 and 2 will be time consuming, Option 3 would probably be the
most efficient, if possible.
Any advice or any other suggestions ?

Both TSM servers are running TSM 5.4.3 on AIX 5.3.

Thanks,
Duane