ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Proper way to handle LTO2 drive replacement

2008-04-21 15:59:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Proper way to handle LTO2 drive replacement
From: Michael Green <mishagreen AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 22:57:38 +0300
Hey Zoltan,

Amusingly I've never heard anything about qioctlmod.. and I don't have
it either:
[root@tristan ~]# lsmod | grep q
qla2400               206464  0
qla2300               127360  0
qla2xxx               307360  4 qla2400,qla2300
scsi_mod              144529  8
lin_tape,st,sg,mptsas,mptspi,mptscsi,sd_mod,qla2xxx
qla2xxx_conf          303240  1

I suggest that you refresh you QLA installation.
Note your current driver version (modinfo qla2300 qla2xxx qla2xxx_conf).
Go grab either this:
<http://support.qlogic.com/support/EULATemplate/Template.aspx?TemplateID=11&path=http://download.qlogic.com/drivers/54536/qla2xxx-v8.01.06-dist.tgz>
or this
<http://support.qlogic.com/support/EULATemplate/Template.aspx?TemplateID=11&path=http://download.qlogic.com/drivers/58211/qla2xxx-v8.01.06-1-dist.tgz>

Unpack, follow the readme file from the tarball. Make sure to install
both the driver and the API lib.
After installation is done, check out your /etc/hba.conf, adjust it if
necessary.
Reboot, compare new driver versions with the old ones (I do this out
of curiosity).

set sandiscovery on.
q san

Good luck!