ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM being abandoned?

2008-04-16 13:37:53
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM being abandoned?
From: "Strand, Neil B." <NBStrand AT LMUS.LEGGMASON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:36:42 -0400
The VTL can compliment a TSM installation where you have a real tape
library (RTL) manager and RTL clients.  Adding a LAN-Free agent to a RTL
client is greatly simplified when the RTL client is also attached to
it's own VTL.  The RTL client can be the library manager for the VTL and
share the virtual drives to the LAN-Free agent(s).  With several
LAN-Free agents, a VTL can easily be provisioned to provide additional
virtual drives without impacting the RTL.

Cheers,
Neil Strand
Storage Engineer - Legg Mason
Baltimore, MD.
(410) 580-7491
Whatever you can do or believe you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power and magic.