ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP Domino - Strange problem

2008-04-11 13:40:55
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP Domino - Strange problem
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 13:39:43 -0400
If you back up the same files with different management classes
all previous ones will get rebound to the new management class.
(just like using the TSM Backup/Archive client)
That is how TSM policy works for "backup" objects.
If you want to perform a "monthly" type of backup, you will need
to have a different NODENAME and back them up using that NODENAME.

As far as only the .NTF files getting rebound correctly, make sure
you use the rules for binding backups to management classes as
documented in the user's guide. If you specify it incorrectly,
it may not be doing what you think.

If you still find problems, place a call with IBM support.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 04/11/2008
12:33:14 PM: