ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 5.5 server in larger environments?

2008-04-11 10:43:01
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 5.5 server in larger environments?
From: "Yasuna, Craig" <Craig.Yasuna AT ECLIPSYS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 10:39:47 -0400
We have migrated to TSM 5.5 on z/OS.  We have had nothing but problems, server
crashes; loops; performance issues; data being unavailable; and the loss of the
ability to do reclamations and tape backups.

TSM 5.5 on z/OS was a major rewrite and in my opinion is currently VERY buggy
and unstable.  If I could back off to 5.4.2 I would.  I would advise STRONGLY
against migrating to TSM 5.5 on z/OS.

Thanks - Craig

Craig J. Yasuna, Manager of Mainframe Systems
Eclipsys Corporation
P: (973) 394-2259   C: (732) 887-5699

The Eclipsys mission: To be the most-respected company in the healthcare
information technology industry by exceeding client expectations. Eclipsys team
members strive to embody our core values of Client Focus, Integrity, Mutual
Respect, Commitment to Excellence, Open Communication, and Passion.

NOTICE: This email contains confidential or proprietary information that may be
legally privileged. It is intended only for the named recipient(s). If an
addressing or transmission error has misdirected the email, please notify the
author by replying to this message. If you are not the named recipient, you are
not authorized to use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this
email, and should immediately delete it from your computer system.