ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Anyone know of issues running older clients against 5.4.3 server?

2008-04-10 14:50:25
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Anyone know of issues running older clients against 5.4.3 server?
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 14:47:40 -0400
If you check the archives for ADSM-L, you would see that I and others have
already answered this question.

I am running clients ranging from 3.1.0.6 (OpenVMS) up to the lates
(5.5.0.6) t, to my 5.5 servers!   I made sure to experiment with the 3.1
client before I implemented the 5.5 server.

Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
04/10/2008 02:24 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] Anyone know of issues running older clients against 5.4.3 server?

We are about to upgrade our servers from 5.3.4 to 5.4.3.  I'd like to know
if anyone knows of any problems running older clients with a 5.4.x
server.  While I know IBM only supports 1 version back, it's usually the
case that older clients continue to work (with some exceptions).  Thanks
for any feedback.  We still have a bunch of 5.1.5 clients out there that
we've been unsuccessful in prodding our users to upgrade from, so that's
the level I'm most concerned about.

..Paul

--
Paul Zarnowski                            Ph: 607-255-4757
Manager, Storage Services                 Fx: 607-255-8521