ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Anyone know of issues running older clients against 5.4.3 server?

2008-04-10 14:38:41
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Anyone know of issues running older clients against 5.4.3 server?
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 20:37:28 +0200
Paul Zarnowski wrote:
We are about to upgrade our servers from 5.3.4 to 5.4.3.  I'd like to know
if anyone knows of any problems running older clients with a 5.4.x
server.  While I know IBM only supports 1 version back, it's usually the
case that older clients continue to work (with some exceptions).  Thanks
for any feedback.  We still have a bunch of 5.1.5 clients out there that
we've been unsuccessful in prodding our users to upgrade from, so that's
the level I'm most concerned about.

Hi Paul,

if you know who the users are, I'd say you can give m sort of final
notice... 'your client will be unsupported as of our next upgrade due
$data, if you haven't upgraded to at least version 5.4, we will be
unable to help you with any problems or guarantee service'. It's sort of
BOFH-style CYA, but nobody would be able to claim that you haven't given
them proper notice.

..Paul

--
Paul Zarnowski                            Ph: 607-255-4757
Manager, Storage Services                 Fx: 607-255-8521

--

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post