ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Out of memory (operating system refused memory allocation)

2008-04-08 16:52:35
Subject: [ADSM-L] Out of memory (operating system refused memory allocation)
From: egonle AT NETSCAPE DOT NET
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 16:50:21 -0400
Hello,

recently our W2K3 server backup fails due to error "The operating system refused a TSM request for memory allocation". It's running on client level 5.3.4 and "memoryefficient yes" is setup in dsm.opt. After searching tivoli support I found a faq/technote that this error is also possible if there are too many directories. Is there a limit in directories on the whole volume or in directories depth? Does TSM client 5.5 x86 allow more directories? Could this be resolved by using the x64 client?

Thanks

..--egonle
Bei AOL gibt's jetzt kostenlos eMail für alle. Klicken Sie auf AOL.de um heraus zu finden, was es sonst noch kostenlos bei AOL gibt.