ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Date/Time different between AIX and TSM problem

2008-04-03 14:35:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Date/Time different between AIX and TSM problem
From: Bill Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 14:33:16 -0400
Did a date -u on 3 separate TSM AIX servers. All 3 had the same values and
on the AIX 5.3 servers TSM had the correct time. It's just this new AIX 6.1
and TSM 5.5 server where TSM has the wrong date. I didn't want to go with
AIX6.1 because only TSM 5.5 is "supported" on that platform. But the p520
was ordered with AIX6.1 and we weren't able to get any AIX5.3 ML7
installation media to do a re-install. And time was short...this box had to
get up and running PDQ.

I have a PMR open with support and their first recommendation was do run an
ACCEPT DATE. I did it anyway with no changes. TSM wasn't complaining about
the date being off. He's just going along fat, dumb and happy...just 5 hours
from now! :-)

Bill Boyer