ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Delete volume problem

2008-04-03 11:02:51
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Delete volume problem
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 11:01:07 -0400
On Apr 3, 2008, at 10:52 AM, Thomas Denier wrote:
-----Wanda Prather wrote: -----

No good way around it, except to run your DELETE VOLUMES serially
and with NOTHING ELSE going on.  Or upgrade past the bug.  Search
www.ibm.com: IC50659

If I understand the problem correctly, even having nothing else
going on is insufficient. Some of our tape storage pools have
three day reusedelay settings, so a volume deletion can occur
when there is no current server activity, as a delayed result
of a volume being emptied three days earlier.

The automatic removal of volumes that had been in empty-Pending state
is not an issue: deleting volumes containing data (DISCARDdate=Yes)
is a problem, because of the intensity of the database operation.

   Richard Sims