ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Delete volume problem

2008-04-03 02:54:25
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Delete volume problem
From: Henrik Vahlstedt <SHWL AT STATOILHYDRO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 08:51:56 +0200
I am not sure how you try to delete thoose volumes, but.

This should work.
Create a OS script with multiple lines like:
Dsmadsmc -id=x -password=y del vol xyz discarddata=yes wait=y
Dsmadsmc -id=x -password=y del vol zyx discarddata=yes wait=y
Etc.

If you create a script in TSM or run multiple del vol commands in a
macro you will get the deadlock you are seeing. Been there..

//Henrik