ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Add control paths; lost library

2008-03-25 16:06:33
Subject: [ADSM-L] Add control paths; lost library
From: Keith Arbogast <warbogas AT INDIANA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 15:33:22 -0400
Our 3584 is not available to our TSM server.  A 'q libv' command
returns ANR2034E, 'No match found...'.  A 'q process' of a storage
migration showed the drives in a RESERVED state.

Prior to this, we enabled control paths to the drives in our 3584
today after varying the paths to the drives and library off-line.
Since then we have deleted and defined all drives and paths, halted
TSM and rebooted the server, and power-reset the 3584. After the
last, we deleted and redefined one drive. It went from an 'EMPTY'
state to an 'UNKNOWN' state.

TSM is running on RHEL 4, and is at level 5.4.0.3.  The 3584 and
drives are at the most current firmware level.

Keith Arbogast