ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Scheduler Service in 'Stopping' state

2008-03-16 18:06:17
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Scheduler Service in 'Stopping' state
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 18:05:10 -0400
On Mar 16, 2008, at 5:59 PM, Pahari, Dinesh P wrote:

Hi All,
I had a Windows 2003 client (with TSM client 5.3.2)rebooted last week.
Since the reboot, the TSM (client) stopped working. I tried to restart
the service but it went on STOPPING state and wouldn't respond. Even
the
TSM GUI doesn't start.
Due to the criticality of the client, I am not able to perform the
reboot.
Is there  anyway, I can make TSM work again with out a reboot ?

Would really appreciate your help.

Tell us what diagnosis you've done...
What's in the dsmerror.log and dsmwebcl.log files. Any indications of
problems in the Windows Event Log? (There may be more wrong in the
system than just TSM executability after that reboot.) Evaluate the
circumstances of the reboot: if it was actually a crash, or forced
reboot after a hang, there can be prevailing issues.
Is the dsmerror.log writable, in a writable directory, as directed by
your options file?  (If not, you'll have problems.)

    Richard Sims