ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] backing up a client direct to tape

2008-03-12 22:36:40
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] backing up a client direct to tape
From: Steven Harris <sjharris AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 13:35:11 +1100
Mario

Run a selective if you like, but there is no real need to.  Then run a
generate backupset on the node.  This will put all of the active data on to
a tape.

Print out the detail of the backupset (q backupset) and send it with the
tape to the customer.

Regards

Steve.

Steven Harris
TSM Admin, Sydney Australia

             Mario Behring
             <mariobehring@YAH
             OO.COM>                                                    To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     [ADSM-L] backing up a client direct
                                       to tape

             13/03/2008 12:28
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Hi all,

How can I perform a full backup or an archive on a client that is going to
be deactivated and send the data directly to tape. There is an IBM 3583 L18
LTO2 connected to the TSM Server, with 3 drives and 18 slots.

How can I tell TSM to use a particular tape, a scratch one that will be
sent to the customer.

Any help is appreciated.

Mario

Be a better friend, newshound, and