ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] AW: Interesting problem in MS-Win restoer -- anyone seen something like this before?

2008-03-10 16:52:50
Subject: [ADSM-L] AW: Interesting problem in MS-Win restoer -- anyone seen something like this before?
From: Stefan Holzwarth <stefan.holzwarth AT ADAC DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 20:33:22 +0100
In the past we had 2 times a similar problem:
first time (tsm server on mvs) the ip sequence number did a wrap around and was
not properly handled by mvs. (So large restores always stopped at different
positions)
sencond time (tsm server on nt) we realized that our network backbone did
corrupt our ip pakets without crc errors! we could view the problem by adding
crc tothe communication layer within tsm. The restore to that time (a exchange
db) was no more possible since the backup data were not correct. The restore
always stopped at the same position.
Regards
Stefan Holzwarth