ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Interesting problem in MS-Win restoer -- anyone seen something like this before?

2008-03-10 10:05:54
Subject: [ADSM-L] Interesting problem in MS-Win restoer -- anyone seen something like this before?
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:04:43 -0400
We've been trying to restore a 38 GB file to a Win2003 SP1 server; the restore
comes to a near halt at 31.8 GB.

At the TSM server side (5.5.0.0) we see 'sendw', and if we leave everything
alone the restore continues at an incredibly slow pace (20 MB in 8 hours).

On the client side - CPU utilization drops to between 1 and 3 percent, but task
manager shows 'system idle process' using 99% of the cpu.

The results have been the same with both the TSM 5.1.6 client and the 5.5
client, using both the GUI and the command line.

The only errors that show up on either system occur when we kill the restore.

And (FWIW) there is no anti-virus scanner running while the restore is running.

I'm lost - any ideas/suggestions?

TIA

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the
exclusive and confidential use of the intended recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, please do not read, distribute or take action in
reliance upon this message. If you have received this in error, please
notify us immediately by return email and promptly delete this message
and its attachments from your computer system. We do not waive
attorney-client or work product privilege by the transmission of this
message.