ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Exchange monthly yearly

2008-03-10 01:50:48
Subject: [ADSM-L] Exchange monthly yearly
From: Steven Harris <sjharris AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 16:50:08 +1100
Hi All

I have a multinational client (= worldwide standards and totally
inflexible) who wants monthly backups - kept for a year - and yearly
backups - kept for 10 years - of their exchange server.

This is the first time I've had this requirement for exchange and am
looking for some best practices.

I can see the COPY backups, and they might be useful to do a monthly, and
I'm considering an an annual export of the appropriate monthly filespace
with filedata=backupactive to handle the yearly requirement.

Am I on the right track?

Thanks

Steve.

Steven Harris