ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM and Parallels Virtuozzo Containers?

2008-03-07 15:57:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM and Parallels Virtuozzo Containers?
From: Jim Zajkowski <jamesez AT UMICH DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 15:55:41 -0500
On Mar 7, 2008, at 2:18 PM, T. Lists wrote:

Anyone out there using TSM with Virtuozzo?  V4.0
Virtuozzo.  If so, I got a few questions for you!!
The documentation from Parallels leaves a bit to be
desired.  Needless to say, I am a bit confused.

I don't know about Virtuozzo 4.0 but I've used OpenVZ, which is a
similar platform unless 4.0 went totally different.  OpenVZ
essentially added Solaris Zones to Linux, binding each process to a
set of IP addresses and some hardware access.  Every "virtual" machine
is really more like a chroot with a quota and some window dressing.

As to TSM, we decided to run the TSM client in every guest, rather
than on the host, so that guest admins could do their own restores.

Hope that helps,

--Jim