ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Tape Drive Block Size

2008-03-04 11:43:33
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Tape Drive Block Size
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 10:43:09 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Richard Mochnaczewski
> Does anyone have any performance benchmarking procedures or utilities
that
> can be used to verify tape drive performance ? We are running TSM
5.3.5.2
> on AIX 5.3 ML4 using a SL8500 using ACSLS.

Real-world performance? Read your TSM activity log after a storage pool
backup or migration. See how long they take, and divide the time into
the amount of data moved. Check that against the maximum throughput that
the tape drive itself allows.

(Never did have much use for "theoretical" benchmarks. I don't do
theoretical backups or restores.)

--
Mark Stapleton
CDW Berbee