ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] use short hostname as nodename

2008-02-21 17:24:28
Subject: [ADSM-L] use short hostname as nodename
From: egonle AT NETSCAPE DOT NET
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:31:33 -0500
Hi,

due to the fact that on our linux boxes hostname is fully qualified (standard for linux?) we have to register nodes on the server also with FQDN. Unfortunatley this isn't really clearly laid out. Is there a way to use the system's short hostname (hostname -s)? Actually I do not want to specify nodename option in dsm.sys as I would like to use a general dsm.sys for any server in our environment.

Thanks &
Regards,

Egonle
Bei AOL gibt's jetzt kostenlos eMail für alle. Klicken Sie auf AOL.de um heraus zu finden, was es sonst noch kostenlos bei AOL gibt.