ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Recommendations/suggestions for moving a TSM server

2008-02-15 23:44:51
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Recommendations/suggestions for moving a TSM server
From: Adrian Compton <acompton AT ASPENPHARMA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 06:43:16 +0200
Hi

Yes, you do have to configure the new server as a Library client.
Bring up a Fresh TSM Server
Define the devices as in the devconf to suit the new server

DEFINE DEVCLASS LTO3DEVCL DEVTYPE=LTO FORMAT=ULTRIUM3C
ESTCAPACITY=838860800K MOUNTLIMIT=2 MOUNTWAIT=60 MOUNTRETENTION=5
PREFIX=ADSM LIBRARY=3310LIB WORM=NO
DEFINE SERVER TSM-PLZ COMMMETHOD=TCPIP HLADDRESS=10.0.0.4 LLADDRESS=1500
SERVERPASSWORD=admin
DEFINE SERVER TSM-PLZ-DR COMMMETHOD=TCPIP HLADDRESS=10.0.0.3
LLADDRESS=1500  SERVERPASSWORD=admin
SET SERVERNAME TSM-PLZ-DR
SET SERVERPASSWORD admin
DEFINE LIBRARY 3310LIB LIBTYPE=SHARED PRIMARYLIBMANAGER=TSM-PLZ
SET CROSSDEFINE ON

upd server tsm-plz serverpassword=admin forcesync=yes

( DO THIS ON BOTH LIBMANAGER AND LIB CLIENT BEFORE DEFINING THE LIBRARY
OR ELSE IT WONT WORK)

Perform a DBBackup to see that you can communicate.

Once that is done,

dsmserv restore db devc=lto3devcl vol=<volume name> commit=yes

This works for us using an IBM P570, TS3310 Expansion Tape Library (FC)
for our DR LPAR on the Server using our live TSM Server as the Library
Client.
It may require some tweaking for you environment, but the principle
stays the same.

The trick I believe is to bring up a vanilla TSM Server and to configure
that first and then to restore.

Good Luck

Adrian Compton
Group IBM Tivoli Admin
Aspen Pharmacare Port Elizabeth
7 Fairclough Road, Korsten, Port Elizabeth, 6020
PO Box 4002, Korsten, 6014
Tel: +27 (0) 41 407 2855
Fax: +27 (0) 41 453 7452
Cell: 082 320 4495