ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM and DS8000 copy to iSCSI

2008-02-15 20:17:11
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM and DS8000 copy to iSCSI
From: "Nancy R. Brizuela" <Brizuela AT UWYO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 18:16:33 -0700
All,

Does TSM have the ability to make a mirror copy of a client's data in a
SAN environment?  For instance can it copy from, say a DS8000 to  iSCSI
storage (both on a SAN), such that we could just disconnect the client
from the DS8000 and point it to the iSCSI storage.  Then, upon reboot,
the client would seamlessly continue on, without the need for a TSM
server for the recovery?

My boss seems to think this is possible, but I'm thinking we would need
some other software besides TSM, such as SAN Volume Controller.  Anyone
doing something like this, if so, how?

Thanks!

Nancy Brizuela, CPA
Systems Programmer, Senior