ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Fw: TSM dream setup

2008-02-15 10:51:21
Subject: [ADSM-L] Fw: TSM dream setup
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 10:50:15 -0500
Most large organizations I work with have a "Standard build" for their
systems - the OS, applications, etc - so they only need to backup data (we
do that internally in IBM as well).  Minimizes what needs to be backed up,
and makes deploying systems MUCH easier (1 DVD, just over an hour, all
set).  And makes the answer to the question "Zero."

You could even use TSM for this - slipstream the TSM client on a WINPE boot
CD, build the "Base image" system, boot the CD, run an image backup of the
drive.  Then to deploy, boot the WINPE disc, restore.  Chances are, if
winword.exe is gone, the machine needs to be rebuilt.

And any user who deletes winword.exe deserves to not have Word work...  ;-)

Nick Cassimatis

----- Forwarded by Nicholas Cassimatis/Raleigh/IBM on 02/15/2008 10:43 AM
-----

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 02/15/2008
10:10:53 AM: