ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] dsmc Archive and Authorized-User : file owner relationship conflict ?

2008-02-15 09:10:45
Subject: [ADSM-L] dsmc Archive and Authorized-User : file owner relationship conflict ?
From: Marc REYNES <marc.reynes AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 15:09:57 +0100
Hello,

I don't really understand from the docs if there might be a file
ownership conflict between a  dsmc setup for an Authorized-User and a
non Authorized-User use of archive function.
The Security Guide says :
"""
Non-authorized users can retrieve objects that they archived, because
the ownership of
archived objects is always registered in the Tivoli Storage Manager
server to the user who
launched the archive command.
"""

As dsmc is setuid-ed for the Authorized-User, does they mean the
archived file is owned by the "effective" user (I mean the
authorized-one, owner of the setuid-ed dsmc) or the "real" user (I mean
the non-authorized one)?

Thanks
Regards,
mrs