ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] AW: Backing up PST files

2008-02-15 02:14:19
Subject: [ADSM-L] AW: Backing up PST files
From: Stefan Holzwarth <stefan.holzwarth AT ADAC DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 08:13:41 +0100
We are using subfile for pst files since about 2 years and are happy with it.

The fileserver has around 150 userhomes all with pst. Most user have pst
between 1 and 2 gb, some above.
We needed subfile because we did the daily backup over a 2 Mbit connection for
about all together of 500 GByte data.

Some problems so far:
full subfile cache directory because tsm client did no proper housekeeping of
this dir. (had to delete all files and start new after a year)
Restores of pst files sometimes a little "problematic" if administrator has no
ntfs access to that file.

I think the size limit for cachdir can be overcome by using more logical nodes
on that server - each one with his own cache dir.

Regards
Stefan Holzwarth