ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Backing up PST files

2008-02-13 21:23:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Backing up PST files
From: "Strand, Neil B." <NBStrand AT LMUS.LEGGMASON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 21:23:25 -0500
Sam,
   Have you looked into ndmp from the filer to your tsm server?  If you
are at TSM V5.4  you can do this over ethernet and handle the data just
like any other node - move, copy etc.  It also minimizes impact on DB
size.  The trick is to recognize ndmp full/differential methodology in
the TSM incremental methodology climate.

Cheers,
Neil Strand
Storage Engineer - Legg Mason
Baltimore, MD.
(410) 580-7491
Whatever you can do or believe you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power and magic.