ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ANR8943E Hardware or media error on library CDLA_PROD

2008-01-31 10:30:08
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ANR8943E Hardware or media error on library CDLA_PROD
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 10:01:58 -0500
On Jan 31, 2008, at 9:39 AM, Joni Moyer wrote:

 Does anyone know where I can find those codes?
                       (OP=00006C03, CC=-1, KEY=04, ASC=40, ASCQ=02,

Those codes are probably too general to be useful.  See IBM Technote
1253273, for example.
A good EMC customer engineer may be able to make something out of the
sense bytes, but that's probably a long shot.

An EMC customer on the List may be able to offer some advice, but
it's probably the case that the library is simply malfunctioning and
not properly communicating with TSM.  Check your TSM paths status,
for completeness.  There may be error conditions reflected in the
library itself.

Based upon the data loss your site experienced with that library,
your management should question whether to continue depending upon
it.  It seems rather shakey to me from that error.

   Richard Sims