ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] GPFS file system backup problem

2008-01-30 09:46:39
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] GPFS file system backup problem
From: Michael Green <mishagreen AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 16:44:27 +0200
On Jan 30, 2008 2:03 PM, Richard Sims <rbs AT bu DOT edu> wrote:
> On Jan 30, 2008, at 4:31 AM, Michael Green wrote:
> > in dsmerror.log with regard to that file system these lines can be
> > found:
> > 01/30/08   00:42:53 TransErrno: Unexpected error from
> > gpfs_fgetattrs, errno = 22
> > 01/30/08   00:42:53 PrivIncrFileSpace: Received rc=131 from
> > fioGetDirEntries:  /srv  /projects
>
> Well, that's TSM relating the specifics of the problem.
> I would go to www.ibm.com and enter the search operands:
> +gpfs_fgetattrs +errno +22
> for known causes.

Thanks Richard,

I've gone through all those articles earlier today. None of them seem
to correspond to the right (my) combination of TSM/GPFS/OS versions.
My feeling is that there must be something wrong with this file
system. It has been backing up this FS for 3 years in a row. Had no
trouble whatsoever.
I've notified my users that the system will be taken down on Sunday
briefly for offline fsck.

--
Warm regards,
Michael Green