ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] NDMP problem (?)

2008-01-25 10:47:50
Subject: [ADSM-L] NDMP problem (?)
From: Wojtek Pięcek <woju AT PINGWIN.WAW DOT PL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:47:03 +0100
Hi ADSMers!

We have problem with backing up one storage (volume) on NAS server
(FAS270). Our TSM is 5.2.9.0 (and yes, out of support).

We have 2 netapp, 2 library (only 1 is used) and 2 physical SAN with
muchos VSAN on them. Our netapp is connected using FC to different
VSAN (fail over). Netapp is synchronized using his own protocol, and
because we cant mirror NDMP tape, each netapp is backed
full/differential, each of them via different VSAN. Netapp have some
aggregates (netapp slang) which is backed up at noon by administrative
command:

BACKUP NODE POLCFILE02 MG=NAS02_DIFF MODE=DIFF W=Y

Every time this run (differential backup), each aggregate is backup up
- excluding only /vol/archconfig. This storage sometimes backup
correct, sometimes not. If not, they report ANR1104E, which suggest
NetAPP problem (maybe, why not). Our NetApp admin verify them, and
can't find any problem/error here.

When I run full backup, this volume is backed correct. After them,
differential failed too.

We trying to modify something data on /vol/archconfig, and make
differential backup, but this not help.

Other aggregates backup correct using this same tape drives, this same
tapes - backup correct. Anything problem.

Firmware on Netapp have number: 7.2.2

Any sugestion?
Yes, upgrade to 5.3, or 5.4 (which is better idea) we want to make very soon.

--
--w