ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Need help defining SL500 Tape library to TSM Server running under AIX

2008-01-24 14:36:14
Subject: [ADSM-L] Need help defining SL500 Tape library to TSM Server running under AIX
From: John C Dury <jdury AT DUQLIGHT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 14:35:47 -0500
We have a new SL500 that we are going to use to replace our existing 3494
library. I have the 4 LTO4 drives and the tape controller in the SL500
zoned in the brocade swtich so that the AIX box where the TSM server is
running can see all the drives and the controller. After running 'cfgmgr'
I can see the 4 tape drives in TSM but I can not see the SL500 controller.
I have the ATAPE and ATLDD drivers installed (v10.7.3.0 and v6.5.5.0
respectively). What is it I need to do to get AIX to see the SL500
controller and then what type of library do I define the SL500 to TSM as?
(SCSI,manual etc). I have yet to find any documentation on this anywhere
and also I called STK/Sun support and they were pretty much no help at
all. ''cfgmgr' gives an error after running saying that
'devices.fcp.changer' is not installed although I think from reading
problems other people have had, this is a generic error.
Any help anyone can provide would be great!
AIX 5.3
TSM 5.5