ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] New to List and Question

2008-01-23 14:56:22
Subject: [ADSM-L] New to List and Question
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 13:36:55 -0600
I've been on ADSM.ORG for some time, just not on the list.

I have an interesting query:
We're going to be upgrading to TSM 5.5 (hopefully unless serious
problems are revealed) in the near future, and then adding a secondary
server to offload some of the backups, restores, and admin processes
etc.

My question is what is the best way to get the clients, and their data
over to the new secondary server when both servers will be sharing a
Library.
The config as I'm mulling it over now is:
Server 1, 10 LTO3's
Server 2, 8 LTO2's.

I'll leave it at that for now, and see what comes up.

See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.
Sr. Systems Engineer
Ardent Health Services