ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM DB2 API

2008-01-21 09:17:35
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM DB2 API
From: "Hart, Charles A" <charles_hart AT UHC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 08:17:05 -0600
I've been looking through the manuals and cant seem to get clarification
on the following.  Our DB2 DBA's use the DB2 API for Backups but to
change the DB2 client cfg to point to a new TSM instance our DBA's are
telling us you have to take an outage of the DB2 side as any Backup api
chg requires the DB2 instance to be re-started to see the new cfg.

Is this true? I'm supposed that there isn't a db2util - refresh cmd....
I assumed the TSM DB2 client would be a bit more tightly integrated....

Thanks again! This is a fantastic way to share TSM related experiences.