ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Where can I find the downloadable TSM 5.5 documentation?

2008-01-16 10:54:57
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Where can I find the downloadable TSM 5.5 documentation?
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 10:53:47 -0500
>Richard --

>To Roger's point, I have yet to figure out how to highlight, annotate,
>and/or add post-it type notes to a pdf. I usually end up printing
>subsets and scribbling all over them. If I can grab the text and do a
>copy/paste, I'll go that route.

>Tom Kauffman
>NIBCO, Inc

I use to do this, and it was a hard habbit to break.  I still like
paper for many things, but as I've came to need the information
wherever I am (at the office, home, at a conference/class, etc) I
found that paper no longer worked.

I looked long and hard for a program that would handle notes.  It
had to be simple and flexible, yet kind of work like I think (which
can be strange at times!).

I finally hit upon azzcardfile for Windows (www.azzcardfile.com).  I now
store all my note in it. My tsm file currently has almost 170
entries and growing.  I have separate azz files for aix, emc,
omniback, general unix and tsm. (I have a large hpux Word doc that
I need to convert to azz sometime!)  It's not free, but it's very
inexpensive.
A very old version, v1.6, IS free and is is great for just trying it out.

For example, below are the card titles I currently have for TSM.  Many of
these cards contain info from this mailing list.

3592 drive cleaning info
ANR0538I
atape - alternate pathing support
atape - displayin alt path info
atape - tapeutil
atape - upgrading atape
backup policies - file versioning, retension, expiration
backup policies - verexists verdeleted retextra retonly
blocksize - disk, file, tape
blocksize of i/o
checkin libv
cleaning cycles available
cleanup backupgroups problem
client changing domain - what happens?
client lanfree setup
client os version info for win and netware
client passwd problems
client password location
Command Line Administrative Interface - Version 5, Release 4, Level 1.0
cs: audit db
cs: auditocc
cs: date and time options on client commands
cs: deleting a node
cs: dsm - gui client
cs: dsmadmc
cs: dsmadmc - dataonly=yes
cs: dsmadmc - long cmd input
cs: dsmadmc - parameters
cs: dsmc
cs: estimated capacity
cs: halt
cs: incl/excl
cs: incl/excl - email description
cs: ksh example script
cs: q actlog cmd
cs: q content
cs: q copygroups
cs: q node
cs: query cmds
cs: show cmds
cs: show cmds - client - from ibm
cs: show cmds - server - from ibm
cs: show cmds - show logpin info
cs: sql - backups in last 24 hours report
cs: sql - count backup sessions per node
cs: sql - db fragmentation
cs: sql - drives used by tsm instance
cs: sql - dsmadmc invocation examples
cs: sql - events table strangeness
cs: sql - extract
cs: sql - file backed up on a node
cs: sql - find all files for a node/filespace
cs: sql - find mgt class file is bound to
cs: sql - last backup info
cs: sql - misc workload scripts
cs: sql - null values in query issues: true/false/null
cs: sql - number files per nodes
cs: sql - orphaned filespaces
cs: sql - private tapes not in use - mystery tapes
cs: sql - query all clients and filespaces in a mgt class
cs: sql - query all vols used by one node
cs: sql - query contents of volume
cs: sql - query vols for node and filespace
cs: sql - reclaimable tapes
cs: sql - restoring all file versions
cs: sql - schema - how to list
cs: sql - schema v5.3
cs: sql - schema v5.4
cs: sql - space per client
cs: sql - stgpool maxscratch status
cs: sql - summary of backup and arcive activity
cs: sql - timestamp format
cs: sql - volumes used per node
cs: tape drives and paths
cs: tsm db backup
cs: update volume
data transfer rate descriptions
disablescheds
dsmcad - using wrong httpport
export/import node between tsm servers
fe-bkup4/tsm2 disaster restore of on 20041019
hints: admin
hints: backup
hints: db and log
hints: general tape
hints: hardware
hints: libraries
hints: performance
hints: restore
hints: scratching tapes
hints: scripts
hints: sql
hpux tsm ba client
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
ibm tsm technical support info update - 20070424
ibm/tivoli support
important files to backup for upgrade
info - auto restore to different node
info - performance tuning
isc/ac: backup and restore
isc/ac: copying/deleting installation
isc/ac: firefox
isc/ac: ports
isc/ac: ssl https ikeyman
isc/ac: ssl/https setup
isc/ac: ssl/https setup - NEW 20060120
isc/ac: startup and shutdown
jbb - tsm journaling FAQ
lib mgr setup
loaddb test of tsm2
migrate tsm node to another tsm server
migrating data from one devclass to another
migrating data to new copy pool
morning_report daily checks
nas ndmp backup
node migration, splitting server. node export/import
ov monitoring scripts for 3494 and transaction log
ov monitoring scripts location
recovering from a bad tape
recovering from full log - error logseg871
recovering from full log - error logseg871 with raw vols
relay01 client
remove/delete node from tsm
restore - alternate node restore of tsm client data
restore - date options
restoredb - accessing db to be used for restore
restoredb - disablescheds
server-to-server communications
setting client passwd for notes systems (multiple node definitions)
sql - schedule start time vs run time
tape - recovering from tape errors
tape - renaming rmt device
tape lib - 3494 upgrade issues discussion
tape lib - 3494/3584 lib, drive, san info
tape lib - 3584 - adding drives to tsm
tape lib - adsmmgo hp 10/588 lib
tape lib - ibm maint procedure for isoc 3494
tape lib - mtlib cmd for 3494
tcpip network settings - one suggestion
tdp oracle - tips
tdpo - email of setup
tdpo - install and setup
tsm applications:  OnDemand, ContentMgr
tsm client passwords
tsm server shutdown procedure
tsm server tsm1
tsm startup and shutdown procedures for SNOC
tsm storserv manager
tsm1 disk stat summary
tsm5.2 upgrade info
unload/load procedure
unloaddb test of tsm2
upgrade - tsm1 - v4.7 to v5.1
upgrade - tsm1 - v5.1 to v5.3 procedure
upgrade - tsm2 - v4.7 to v5.1
upgrade: v5.1 to v5.2 technote
vault processing for offsite tapes
virtualnode - auto restore to different node
virtualnode - option in dsm.opt file
virtualnode - restore to different node/host
vtl vendors

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this document in error
and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete
the original message.