ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Move Media problem

2008-01-08 11:59:31
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Move Media problem
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 11:58:47 -0500
On Jan 8, 2008, at 10:49 AM, David Longo wrote:

I have TSM server 5.3.4.0 and a 3584 library with LTO2 and 3 tapes.
Over a month ago, my library was getting full and I used "Move Media"
to move some little used tapes out of the library, worked fine.

Yesterday my new expansion frame was installed on library.  I want
to move all tapes back in.  Not having success.  I use command:

move media * stgpool=pacstape wherestate=mountablenotinlib

Looking at actlog, it indicates 0 volumes processed and "no
match found for the move".

That would be message ANR6691E.
In my experience, as noted in ADSM QuickFacts: If you are moving a
volume back into a library (MOUNTABLENotinlib) and it is not empty,
you must specify WHERESTATUs=FULl for the command to work,

   Richard Sims