ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Fw: Move Media problem

2008-01-08 11:40:39
Subject: [ADSM-L] Fw: Move Media problem
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 11:26:49 -0500
>From the Admin Reference:

Task

       Generate the CHECKIN LIBVOLUME commands for full and partially full
       volumes that are in the ONSITE.ARCHIVE primary storage pool and
       stored in the overflow location, Room 2948/Bldg31.

       Command
         move media * stgpool=onsite.archive wherestate=mountablenotinlib
         wherestatus=full,filling ovflocation=room2948/bldg31 cmd="checkin
         libvol
         lib3494 &vol status=private"
         cmdfilename=/tsm/move/media/checkin.vols

       Output
         MOVE MEDIA creates the executable commands in
         /tsm/move/media/checkin.vols:
         checkin libvolume lib3494 TAPE04 status=private
         checkin libvolume lib3494 TAPE13 status=private
         checkin libvolume lib3494 TAPE14 status=private
       Note:
           Run the CHECKIN LIBVOLUME commands by issuing the MACRO command
           with /tsm/move/media/checkin.vols as the macro name.

So it's not a one step process to get them back in.  If you know the
volsers already, you can skip right to the "CHECKIN LIBVOL."  I believe you
also have to update the access, either read/write or readonly, so TSM will
mount the tape again.

Nick Cassimatis

----- Forwarded by Nicholas Cassimatis/Raleigh/IBM on 01/08/2008 11:08 AM
-----

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 01/08/2008
10:49:09 AM: