ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] SV: Suggestion for Archive?

2008-01-03 07:58:50
Subject: [ADSM-L] SV: Suggestion for Archive?
From: Christian Svensson <christian.svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 13:58:20 +0100
Hi Lloyd,
We have tried Backupset for a wild now but we see that it takes approx 3 weeks
to archive all 300 nodes.
If the backupset fails then do we need to restart the entire job and we are
getting behind the schedule. We looking at to create smaller "node groups" but
still it takes a long time. :(

I was thinking to maybe setup a second TSM Server and export the data from one
server to the other and that maybe can reduce the time. I'm guessing that the
problem is probably all tape mounts that is required to collocate all data so
maybe that is something to look at?

Or what do you think?
A good information to know is that the end-user looking at to grow up to 100 TB
in the next 4-5 years.

Thanks
Christian