ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TS1120 encryption

2007-12-27 03:00:46
Subject: [ADSM-L] TS1120 encryption
From: bob molerio <molerio AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 00:00:06 -0800
We're looking at the same process except we are
running TSM 5.3.4 on AIX. We share a 3494 library with
a z800  (no TSM on the Z). We had IBM in the other day
to dicuss this and they said we needed a MES upgrade
of our 3494 in order for us to be able to use the 3592
drives we use in order to turn encryption on.

As far as Sungurad goes you need to check with them to
see if they can provide a 3494 configured the way IBM
needs it configured in order for your DR tests to be
valid.

--- ADSM-L automatic digest system

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v1r1/index.jsp

> You would also benefit from the TSM Concepts
> redbook, which you can
> find at www.ibm.com/redbooks.
>
>      Richard Sims

> Wladimir Benavides

wbenavides AT binaria.com DOT ec<mailto:wbenavides AT binaria.com DOT ec>
> BINARIA
>

> El servicio de Symantec Hosted Mail Security ha
> verificado que el mensaje s=
> e =20
> encuentra libre de Virus.
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Wed, 26 Dec 2007 13:34:18 -0500
> From:    Thomas Denier
> <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
> Subject: TS1120 encryption
>
> My co-workers and I have been asked to estimate the
> cost of encrypting
> TSM tapes that are sent to our offsite vault. One of
> the options we
> are examining is purchasing some TS1120 tape drives
> and installing
> them in our existing 3494 tape library.
>
> Our TSM server runs under SLES 9 Linux on a zSeries
> mainframe. The
> server level is currently 5.3.4.0, but it will
> probably be upgraded
> to 5.4 in the next few months.
>
> Is it possible to use library managed encryption
> with our combination
> of library and server platform? Is it possible to
> use system managed
> encryption with our combination of library and
> platform?
>
> We have a hot site contract with SunGard. We have
> always run our
> annual tests at the Philadelphia location, but we
> could be sent to
> another city if we declared a disaster and the
> Philadelphia site
> was being used by another customer. Can SunGard
> provide TS1120 tape
> drives with encryption capability?

> End of ADSM-L Digest - 25 Dec 2007 to 26 Dec 2007
> (#2007-324)

Thank you,

  Bob Molerio

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs