ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Rebinding files

2007-12-21 15:20:40
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Rebinding files
From: Kelly Lipp <lipp AT STORSERVER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:56:02 -0700
You are correct.

Kelly J. Lipp
VP Manufacturing & CTO
STORServer, Inc.
485-B Elkton Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
719-266-8777
lipp AT storserver DOT com

-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Shawn Drew
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2007 12:43 PM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject: [ADSM-L] Rebinding files

I've been reading the rebinding information from the quick.facts and
want to make sure I understand what I am reading....  I think I'm
confusing situations where you want to change the binding to a new
management class as opposed to changing the existing management class.

If you simply change the existing default management class (Which all
the files for a node were backed up with)  Will the files automatically
be associated with the new retention?
Or do they need to be rebound?    After reading everything, I'm thinking
it only has to be rebound when you want the files associated with a
completely different management class.

Shawn Drew
Data Protection Engineer
Core IT Production
BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in
error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not
in accord with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either
whole or partial, is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can
not guarantee the integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its
subsidiaries) shall (will) not therefore be liable for the message if
modified. Please note that certain functions and services for BNP
Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.