ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Antwort: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM For ERP with DB2 config <Virus checked>

2007-12-17 05:49:25
Subject: [ADSM-L] Antwort: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM For ERP with DB2 config <Virus checked>
From: Dierk Harbort <Dierk.Harbort AT BUERGEL DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:48:40 +0100
Hello, Sachin!

I am not a db2 admin, only for tsm; if I take a look on our db2 cfg with
"db2 get db cfg for DBName | less", it looks different to yours posted
here. It seems to me, you don`t tell db2 to use tsm-api for logging. So
here is what we do:

 First log archive method                 (LOGARCHMETH1) = TSM
 Options for logarchmeth1                  (LOGARCHOPT1) =
 Second log archive method                (LOGARCHMETH2) = TSM
 Options for logarchmeth2                  (LOGARCHOPT2) =
-fromnode=nodename -fromowner=databasename
 Failover log archive path                (FAILARCHPATH) =
/pathname_to_disk/logs/
 Number of log archive retries on error   (NUMARCHRETRY) = 5
 Log archive retry Delay (secs)         (ARCHRETRYDELAY) = 180
 Vendor options                              (VENDOROPT) =
-fromnode=nodename -fromowner=databasename

(LOGARCHOPT2) is used for HADR fail-over between different nodes.

A helping Link to DB2-Doc:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v8//index.jsp
Search for "LOGARCHMETH1" (configuration)

Hope this could help,

kind regards
Dierk

Sachin V Chaudhari1 <schaudhari AT IN.IBM DOT COM>
Gesendet von: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
17.12.2007 09:34
Bitte antworten an

An
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Kopie

Thema
Re: [ADSM-L] TSM For ERP with DB2 config <Virus checked>

HI Lloyd,

TSM activity logs doesn't say anything except the session was terminated
as
it reaches idle time-out threshold value.
Also backup without logs gone through. Problem faced only if I select
include logs options.

For DB Backup & LOG I created two separate storage pool . That thing I
also
read it somewhere, but no success.

See the config of DB2 para.

Database configuration release level                    = 0x0b00
 Database release level                                  = 0x0b00

 Database territory                                      = en_US
 Database code page                                      = 1208
 Database code set                                       = UTF-8
 Database country/region code                            = 1
 Database collating sequence                             = IDENTITY_16BIT
 Alternate collating sequence              (ALT_COLLATE) =
 Database page size                                      = 16384

 Dynamic SQL Query management           (DYN_QUERY_MGMT) = DISABLE

 Discovery support for this database       (DISCOVER_DB) = ENABLE

 Restrict access                                         = NO
 Default query optimization class         (DFT_QUERYOPT) = 5
 Degree of parallelism                      (DFT_DEGREE) = 1
 Continue upon arithmetic exceptions   (DFT_SQLMATHWARN) = NO
 Default refresh age                   (DFT_REFRESH_AGE) = 0
 Default maintained table types for opt (DFT_MTTB_TYPES) = SYSTEM
 Number of frequent values retained     (NUM_FREQVALUES) = 10
 Number of quantiles retained            (NUM_QUANTILES) = 20

 Backup pending                                          = NO

 Database is consistent                                  = NO
 Rollforward pending                                     = NO
 Restore pending                                         = NO

 Multi-page file allocation enabled                      = YES

 Log retain for recovery status                          = RECOVERY
 User exit for logging status                            = YES

 Self tuning memory                    (SELF_TUNING_MEM) = OFF
 Size of database shared memory (4KB)  (DATABASE_MEMORY) = COMPUTED
 Database memory threshold               (DB_MEM_THRESH) = 10
 Max storage for lock list (4KB)              (LOCKLIST) = 20000
 Percent. of lock lists per application       (MAXLOCKS) = 90
 Package cache size (4KB)                   (PCKCACHESZ) = 5120
 Sort heap thres for shared sorts (4KB) (SHEAPTHRES_SHR) = 20000
 Sort list heap (4KB)                         (SORTHEAP) = 2048

 Database heap (4KB)                            (DBHEAP) = 25000
 Catalog cache size (4KB)              (CATALOGCACHE_SZ) = 2560
 Log buffer size (4KB)                        (LOGBUFSZ) = 1024
 Utilities heap size (4KB)                (UTIL_HEAP_SZ) = 10000
 Buffer pool size (pages)                     (BUFFPAGE) = 10000
 Max size of appl. group mem set (4KB) (APPGROUP_MEM_SZ) = 128000
 Percent of mem for appl. group heap   (GROUPHEAP_RATIO) = 25
 Max appl. control heap size (4KB)     (APP_CTL_HEAP_SZ) = 1600

 SQL statement heap (4KB)                     (STMTHEAP) = 5120
 Default application heap (4KB)             (APPLHEAPSZ) = 4096
 Statistics heap size (4KB)               (STAT_HEAP_SZ) = 15000

 Interval for checking deadlock (ms)         (DLCHKTIME) = 10000
 Lock timeout (sec)                        (LOCKTIMEOUT) = 3600

 Changed pages threshold                (CHNGPGS_THRESH) = 40
 Number of asynchronous page cleaners   (NUM_IOCLEANERS) = AUTOMATIC
 Number of I/O servers                   (NUM_IOSERVERS) = AUTOMATIC
 Index sort flag                             (INDEXSORT) = YES
 Sequential detect flag                      (SEQDETECT) = YES
 Default prefetch size (pages)         (DFT_PREFETCH_SZ) = AUTOMATIC

 Track modified pages                         (TRACKMOD) = ON

 Default number of containers                            = 1
 Default tablespace extentsize (pages)   (DFT_EXTENT_SZ) = 2

 Max number of active applications            (MAXAPPLS) = AUTOMATIC
 Average number of active applications       (AVG_APPLS) = AUTOMATIC
 Max DB files open per application            (MAXFILOP) = 1950

 Log file size (4KB)                         (LOGFILSIZ) = 16380
 Number of primary log files                (LOGPRIMARY) = 20
 Number of secondary log files               (LOGSECOND) = 40
 Changed path to log files                  (NEWLOGPATH) =
 Path to log files                                       =
/db2/KSP/log_dir/NODE
0000/
 Overflow log path                     (OVERFLOWLOGPATH) =
 Mirror log path                         (MIRRORLOGPATH) =
 First active log file                                   = S0001415.LOG
 Block log on disk full                (BLK_LOG_DSK_FUL) = YES
 Percent max primary log space by transaction  (MAX_LOG) = 0
 Num. of active log files for 1 active UOW(NUM_LOG_SPAN) = 0

 Group commit count                          (MINCOMMIT) = 1
 Percent log file reclaimed before soft chckpt (SOFTMAX) = 300
 Log retain for recovery enabled             (LOGRETAIN) = RECOVERY
 User exit for logging enabled                (USEREXIT) = OFF

 HADR database role                                      = STANDARD
 HADR local host name                  (HADR_LOCAL_HOST) =
 HADR local service name                (HADR_LOCAL_SVC) =
 HADR remote host name                (HADR_REMOTE_HOST) =
 HADR remote service name              (HADR_REMOTE_SVC) =
 HADR instance name of remote server  (HADR_REMOTE_INST) =
 HADR timeout value                       (HADR_TIMEOUT) = 120
 HADR log write synchronization mode     (HADR_SYNCMODE) = NEARSYNC

 First log archive method                 (LOGARCHMETH1) =
VENDOR:/usr/tivoli/ts
m/tdp_r3/db264/libtdpdb264.a
 Options for logarchmeth1                  (LOGARCHOPT1) =
/db2/KSP/tdp_r3/vendo
r.env
 Second log archive method                (LOGARCHMETH2) =
DISK:/db2/KSP/log_arc
hive/
 Options for logarchmeth2                  (LOGARCHOPT2) =
 Failover log archive path                (FAILARCHPATH) =
 Number of log archive retries on error   (NUMARCHRETRY) = 5
 Log archive retry Delay (secs)         (ARCHRETRYDELAY) = 20
 Vendor options                              (VENDOROPT) =
/db2/KSP/tdp_r3/vendo
r.env

 Auto restart enabled                      (AUTORESTART) = ON
 Index re-creation time and redo index build  (INDEXREC) = SYSTEM
(RESTART)
 Log pages during index build            (LOGINDEXBUILD) = OFF
 Default number of loadrec sessions    (DFT_LOADREC_SES) = 1
 Number of database backups to retain   (NUM_DB_BACKUPS) = 7
 Recovery history retention (days)     (REC_HIS_RETENTN) = 60

 TSM management class                    (TSM_MGMTCLASS) = MDB
 TSM node name                            (TSM_NODENAME) = kslprd_sap
 TSM owner                                   (TSM_OWNER) =
 TSM password                             (TSM_PASSWORD) = *****

 Automatic maintenance                      (AUTO_MAINT) = ON
   Automatic database backup            (AUTO_DB_BACKUP) = OFF
   Automatic table maintenance          (AUTO_TBL_MAINT) = ON
     Automatic runstats                  (AUTO_RUNSTATS) = ON
     Automatic statistics profiling    (AUTO_STATS_PROF) = OFF
       Automatic profile updates         (AUTO_PROF_UPD) = OFF
     Automatic reorganization               (AUTO_REORG) = OFF

Thanks,
Sachin,

             Lloyd Dieter
             <ldieter@ROCHESTE
             R.RR.COM>                                                  To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: [ADSM-L] TSM For ERP with DB2
                                       config

             12/14/2007 06:17
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Are you seeing anything in the server activity log?

One issue that I ran into was that the logs and database should be stored
in different storage pools when using the "include logs" option. Otherwise
the backup can preempt itself doing a log retrieval...there's a technote
that describes the problem.

If you run the backup without the "include logs", does it complete?

-Lloyd

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:48:43 +0530
Sachin V Chaudhari1 <schaudhari AT IN.IBM DOT COM> wrote thusly:

> HI,
>
> Thx for the reply.
> Command for taking backup:-
> db2 backup db <SID> online include logs load
> /usr/tivoli/tsm/tdp_r3/db264/libtdpdb264.a
>
> Also I use DB13 to take the backup with include logs selected. But no
> success.
>
> One imp point is When I fired the backup, its started, I can see the
> backup status using "db2 list utilities show detail" command. But at
> the end of it, its just hang, means some MB's of data remaining to
> complete the bkp. & after some time TSM was terminating that session as
> its reaches the IDLETIMEOUT value.
>
> Environment details.
>    The version of DP for mySAP or DP for ERP. : DP for mySAP v5.3.3
>    The operating system level and patches that were applied (of the Data
>    Protection Client) : AIX 5.3 ML5, 64bit DB2 UDB v9.1, 64bit
>    Full TSM server version : TSM v5.3.2
>    OS version and level for TSM server : Windows 2003 R2 Standard
> Edition with SP2
>    TSM client 5.3.4
>    SAP version ECC6.0
>
> Any inputs on the above ????
>

> Thanks,
> Sachin.
>

>              Lloyd Dieter
>              <ldieter@ROCHESTE
>              R.RR.COM>
> To Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>              Dist Stor
> cc Manager"
>              <[email protected]
> Subject .EDU>                     Re: [ADSM-L] TSM For ERP with DB2
>                                        config
>
>              12/14/2007 01:13
>              AM
>

>              Please respond to
>              [email protected]
>                     om

<snip>
<snip>

> On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 16:36:40 +0530
> Sachin V Chaudhari1 <schaudhari AT IN.IBM DOT COM> wrote thusly:
>
> > HI All,
> >
> > Any one have some idea about the configuration of TSM for ERP on DB2
> > on AIX box. If someone have then pls send me " db2 get db cfg for
> > <SID>" command output.
> > Actually I was facing some problem in that. I already configured the
> > TSM for ERP. But when I fired the db backup including logs then my
> > backup was hung at the end. But if I fired only database backup its
> > completed successfully. When my backup was hung , at that time there
> > is no error log in db2diag.log & in TSM.
> > Any help will be appreciated.
> >

> > Thanks in advance.
> > Sachin

Bürgel Wirtschaftsinformationen GmbH & Co. KG
Gasstraße 18
22761 Hamburg

Geschäftsführer: Rolf Pries, Hans-Werner Scherer, Dr. Norbert Sellin
Registergericht: Hamburg HRA 85212, USt-IdNr. DE 117 981 371, Steuer-Nr.
27/541/00020, Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Geschäftsführende Gesellschafterin: Bürgel Wirtschaftsinformationen
Verwaltungs-GmbH, Registergericht: Hamburg HRB 45 704