ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM For ERP with DB2 config

2007-12-13 23:19:16
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM For ERP with DB2 config
From: Sachin V Chaudhari1 <schaudhari AT IN.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:48:43 +0530
HI,

Thx for the reply.
Command for taking backup:-
db2 backup db <SID> online include logs load
/usr/tivoli/tsm/tdp_r3/db264/libtdpdb264.a

Also I use DB13 to take the backup with include logs selected. But no
success.

One imp point is When I fired the backup, its started, I can see the backup
status using "db2 list utilities show detail" command. But at the end of
it, its just hang, means some MB's of data remaining to complete the bkp.
& after some time TSM was terminating that session as its reaches the
IDLETIMEOUT value.

Environment details.
   The version of DP for mySAP or DP for ERP. : DP for mySAP v5.3.3
   The operating system level and patches that were applied (of the Data
   Protection Client) : AIX 5.3 ML5, 64bit DB2 UDB v9.1, 64bit
   Full TSM server version : TSM v5.3.2
   OS version and level for TSM server : Windows 2003 R2 Standard Edition
   with SP2
   TSM client 5.3.4
   SAP version ECC6.0

Any inputs on the above ????

Thanks,
Sachin.

             Lloyd Dieter
             <ldieter@ROCHESTE
             R.RR.COM>                                                  To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: [ADSM-L] TSM For ERP with DB2
                                       config

             12/14/2007 01:13
             AM

             Please respond to
             [email protected]
                    om

Here you go.  This is set for infinite active logging (DB2 8.2).  If you're
still having an issue, post the command you are using to run the backup.

-Lloyd

sample:db2sample 2> db2 get db config for sample

       Database Configuration for Database sample

 Database configuration release level                    = 0x0a00
 Database release level                                  = 0x0a00

 Database territory                                      = en_US
 Database code page                                      = 819
 Database code set                                       = ISO8859-1
 Database country/region code                            = 1
 Database collating sequence                             = BINARY
 Alternate collating sequence              (ALT_COLLATE) = IDENTITY_16BIT
 Database page size                                      = 4096

 Dynamic SQL Query management           (DYN_QUERY_MGMT) = DISABLE

 Discovery support for this database       (DISCOVER_DB) = ENABLE

 Default query optimization class         (DFT_QUERYOPT) = 5
 Degree of parallelism                      (DFT_DEGREE) = 1
 Continue upon arithmetic exceptions   (DFT_SQLMATHWARN) = NO
 Default refresh age                   (DFT_REFRESH_AGE) = 0
 Default maintained table types for opt (DFT_MTTB_TYPES) = SYSTEM
 Number of frequent values retained     (NUM_FREQVALUES) = 10
 Number of quantiles retained            (NUM_QUANTILES) = 20

 Backup pending                                          = NO

 Database is consistent                                  = NO
 Rollforward pending                                     = NO
 Restore pending                                         = NO

 Multi-page file allocation enabled                      = YES

 Log retain for recovery status                          = RECOVERY
 User exit for logging status                            = YES

 Data Links Token Expiry Interval (sec)      (DL_EXPINT) = 60
 Data Links Write Token Init Expiry Intvl(DL_WT_IEXPINT) = 60
 Data Links Number of Copies             (DL_NUM_COPIES) = 1
 Data Links Time after Drop (days)        (DL_TIME_DROP) = 1
 Data Links Token in Uppercase                (DL_UPPER) = NO
 Data Links Token Algorithm                   (DL_TOKEN) = MAC0

 Database heap (4KB)                            (DBHEAP) = 30000
 Size of database shared memory (4KB)  (DATABASE_MEMORY) = AUTOMATIC
 Catalog cache size (4KB)              (CATALOGCACHE_SZ) = 2560
 Log buffer size (4KB)                        (LOGBUFSZ) = 1024
 Utilities heap size (4KB)                (UTIL_HEAP_SZ) = 10000
 Buffer pool size (pages)                     (BUFFPAGE) = 10000
 Extended storage segments size (4KB)    (ESTORE_SEG_SZ) = 16000
 Number of extended storage segments   (NUM_ESTORE_SEGS) = 0
 Max storage for lock list (4KB)              (LOCKLIST) = 40000

 Max size of appl. group mem set (4KB) (APPGROUP_MEM_SZ) = 128000
 Percent of mem for appl. group heap   (GROUPHEAP_RATIO) = 25
 Max appl. control heap size (4KB)     (APP_CTL_HEAP_SZ) = 1600

 Sort heap thres for shared sorts (4KB) (SHEAPTHRES_SHR) = (SHEAPTHRES)
 Sort list heap (4KB)                         (SORTHEAP) = 15000
 SQL statement heap (4KB)                     (STMTHEAP) = 10000
 Default application heap (4KB)             (APPLHEAPSZ) = 3072
 Package cache size (4KB)                   (PCKCACHESZ) = 6144
 Statistics heap size (4KB)               (STAT_HEAP_SZ) = 4384

 Interval for checking deadlock (ms)         (DLCHKTIME) = 300000
 Percent. of lock lists per application       (MAXLOCKS) = 90
 Lock timeout (sec)                        (LOCKTIMEOUT) = 3600

 Changed pages threshold                (CHNGPGS_THRESH) = 40
 Number of asynchronous page cleaners   (NUM_IOCLEANERS) = 2
 Number of I/O servers                   (NUM_IOSERVERS) = 6
 Index sort flag                             (INDEXSORT) = YES
 Sequential detect flag                      (SEQDETECT) = YES
 Default prefetch size (pages)         (DFT_PREFETCH_SZ) = AUTOMATIC

 Track modified pages                         (TRACKMOD) = ON

 Default number of containers                            = 1
 Default tablespace extentsize (pages)   (DFT_EXTENT_SZ) = 2

 Max number of active applications            (MAXAPPLS) = AUTOMATIC
 Average number of active applications       (AVG_APPLS) = 3
 Max DB files open per application            (MAXFILOP) = 1950

 Log file size (4KB)                         (LOGFILSIZ) = 40950
 Number of primary log files                (LOGPRIMARY) = 20
 Number of secondary log files               (LOGSECOND) = -1
 Changed path to log files                  (NEWLOGPATH) =
 Path to log files                                       =
/db2/SAMPLE/log_dir/NODE0000/
 Overflow log path                     (OVERFLOWLOGPATH) =
 Mirror log path                         (MIRRORLOGPATH) =
 First active log file                                   = S0001186.LOG
 Block log on disk full                (BLK_LOG_DSK_FUL) = YES
 Percent of max active log space by transaction(MAX_LOG) = 0
 Num. of active log files for 1 active UOW(NUM_LOG_SPAN) = 0

 Group commit count                          (MINCOMMIT) = 1
 Percent log file reclaimed before soft chckpt (SOFTMAX) = 300
 Log retain for recovery enabled             (LOGRETAIN) = RECOVERY
 User exit for logging enabled                (USEREXIT) = OFF

 HADR database role                                      = STANDARD
 HADR local host name                  (HADR_LOCAL_HOST) =
 HADR local service name                (HADR_LOCAL_SVC) =
 HADR remote host name                (HADR_REMOTE_HOST) =
 HADR remote service name              (HADR_REMOTE_SVC) =
 HADR instance name of remote server  (HADR_REMOTE_INST) =
 HADR timeout value                       (HADR_TIMEOUT) = 120
 HADR log write synchronization mode     (HADR_SYNCMODE) = NEARSYNC

 First log archive method                 (LOGARCHMETH1) =
VENDOR:/usr/tivoli/tsm/tdp_r3/db264/libtdpdb264.a
 Options for logarchmeth1                  (LOGARCHOPT1) =
/db2/SAMPLE/tdp_r3/vendor.env
 Second log archive method                (LOGARCHMETH2) = OFF
 Options for logarchmeth2                  (LOGARCHOPT2) =
 Failover log archive path                (FAILARCHPATH) =
 Number of log archive retries on error   (NUMARCHRETRY) = 5
 Log archive retry Delay (secs)         (ARCHRETRYDELAY) = 20
 Vendor options                              (VENDOROPT) =
/db2/SAMPLE/tdp_r3/vendor.env

 Auto restart enabled                      (AUTORESTART) = ON
 Index re-creation time and redo index build  (INDEXREC) = SYSTEM (RESTART)
 Log pages during index build            (LOGINDEXBUILD) = OFF
 Default number of loadrec sessions    (DFT_LOADREC_SES) = 1
 Number of database backups to retain   (NUM_DB_BACKUPS) = 12
 Recovery history retention (days)     (REC_HIS_RETENTN) = 180

 TSM management class                    (TSM_MGMTCLASS) =
 TSM node name                            (TSM_NODENAME) =
 TSM owner                                   (TSM_OWNER) =
 TSM password                             (TSM_PASSWORD) =

 Automatic maintenance                      (AUTO_MAINT) = OFF
   Automatic database backup            (AUTO_DB_BACKUP) = OFF
   Automatic table maintenance          (AUTO_TBL_MAINT) = OFF
     Automatic runstats                  (AUTO_RUNSTATS) = OFF
     Automatic statistics profiling    (AUTO_STATS_PROF) = OFF
       Automatic profile updates         (AUTO_PROF_UPD) = OFF
     Automatic reorganization               (AUTO_REORG) = OFF

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 16:36:40 +0530
Sachin V Chaudhari1 <schaudhari AT IN.IBM DOT COM> wrote thusly:

> HI All,
>
> Any one have some idea about the configuration of TSM for ERP on DB2 on
> AIX box. If someone have then pls send me " db2 get db cfg for <SID>"
> command output.
> Actually I was facing some problem in that. I already configured the TSM
> for ERP. But when I fired the db backup including logs then my backup
> was hung at the end. But if I fired only database backup its completed
> successfully. When my backup was hung , at that time there is no error
> log in db2diag.log & in TSM.
> Any help will be appreciated.
>

> Thanks in advance.
> Sachin

-
    Lloyd Dieter            -               Systems Engineer
          IBM CATE                     Registered Linux User 285528
   SCS, Inc.     http://www.scsinet.com   ldieter AT scsinet DOT com
          Main:315-446-5555    Direct:585-226-3289