ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] SL500 LAN-free without ACSLS???

2007-12-12 13:24:32
Subject: [ADSM-L] SL500 LAN-free without ACSLS???
From: Don France <DFrance-TSM AT ATT DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 18:23:44 +0000
Working a new configuration with SAN-connected Sun-STK SL500; it's working
fine, except one client has huge (2.5 TB) database, needs smaller backup window
(ie, LAN-Free might help).

Do I still need ACSLS in order to share library and drives with storage agents
(or, can the TSM server function as the library manager)???

I've been reading the admin books, did define the library as shared, all is
working fine;  I notice the TSM server now lists an "Owner" column in the "q
libv" response, as if I am sharing with another TSM server (though I have only
one server, so all tapes are owned by it!).

--
Don France
Technical Architect - Tivoli Certified Consultant

Phone - Voice/Cell: (408) 257-3332