ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] DRM Question

2007-12-11 07:45:12
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] DRM Question
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 06:44:44 -0600
Shove the tapes into the library directly.

Run

        checkin libv <library> search=yes status=private checkl=barcode
        update volume * wherestg=<copypool> access=readwrite

The last line assumes you've put all copypool volumes into the library.

There you go.

--
Mark Stapleton
Berbee (a CDW company)

Of
> Copper, Steve
> Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 5:59 AM
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Subject: [ADSM-L] DRM Question
>
> Hi All,
>
> I have a situation where previously my tape library was full (slot
free
> hell) and I was having to check out volumes that were in the
copystgpool
> so that I could make way for scratch tapes. Then the whole manual
> procedure of getting the tapes back to scratch once they had been
> recovered etc....
>
> Now we have brought an expansion unit for our library so I am now in
> slot free heaven. Question is, how can I check my checked out tapes
back
> into the library so that DRM knows that they are back in the library
and
> in the mountable state and not the vault state? Yes I can physically
> check the tapes in and assign them the status of private but this
> doesn't update the status within DRM.
>
> If this can't be done, then I guess I will just have to wait until
they
> are recovered one by one via reclamation which isn't to much of a
> problem, I was just hoping that my tape monkey days were over!
>
> Server running on AIX 5.3 TL4-CSP, TSM server version 5.3.2.0 with a
> ts3310 library attached.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Steve
>
> Western Power Distribution (South West) plc / Western Power
Distribution