ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] 5.4.1.x BA WEB GUI JAVA errors

2007-12-06 10:38:15
Subject: [ADSM-L] 5.4.1.x BA WEB GUI JAVA errors
From: Phillip Burgess <phillip.burgess AT TECTRADE.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 15:37:47 -0000
Hi

We are experiencing problems with upgrading clients from 5.3 to 5.4, every
client upgraded so far has broken the WEB GUI, with all clients using IE6
reporting the following error message

ANS2603S Browser trying to establish connection to client; received
exception:java.security.AccessControllException: access denied.
(java.net.SocketPermission 10.10.200.100:1055 connect resolve

If we downgrade back to 5.3, it works again !!

Looking on IBM's website reveals a Java permissions setting in the
Java.profile, but this is set on all the clients that I have used to connect to
the server. (IE6)

Tivoli Support have currently gone quiet, so I assume they have not come across
this before

Thanks
Phil