ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] DP for SQL Server mirroring

2007-11-14 07:37:12
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] DP for SQL Server mirroring
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 07:36:03 -0500
As Steve suggested, test out your scenario using a common nodename.
However, you will need to be careful because both servers will have
common databases (like master and msdb)... and you do not want
those backups for different servers to get mixed in with each other.
You could have a separate line in the backup script on both machines
that backs up the "mirrored" database on both servers
(and point to a similar DSM.OPT file)
knowing that the backup on the Mirror machine will fail.
You can also look into "Proxy Node". It allows one node to
store data on behalf of another node if the correct permissions
are granted from the TSM Server side.
There are probably a number of other ways to get your desired result.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 11/14/2007
04:49:03 AM: