ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDPO/LanFree setup questions

2007-11-05 17:06:33
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDPO/LanFree setup questions
From: CAYE PIERRE <Pierre.Caye AT ALCATEL-LUCENT DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 23:06:01 +0100
Hi,

You can find in the Data Protection for Oracle for UNIX and Linux Installation
and User's Guide (SC32-9064-02):

- Please note that the Tivoli Storage Manager client user options file (dsm.opt
by default) you must edit for Data Protection for Oracle is located in the
directory specified by the dsmi_orc_config option. If this option is not
specified, Data Protection for Oracle looks for this options file in the Data
Protection for Oracle installation directory.

- include
Add an include statement to the dsm.sys file (used by the Oracle node) when a
management class (other than the default management class) is defined within an
existing policy domain. This include statement binds the Oracle backup objects
to the management class that is defined for managing these objects. The include
statement uses the following naming convention:
/FilespaceName//ObjectName
The FORMAT parameter in the RMAN script can also be used to assist with object
naming. For example, if the FORMAT parameters (in the RMAN script) specified
the following values for databases and logs:
format 'DB_%u_%p_%c'
format 'LOG_%u_%p_%c'
The include statement in the dsm.sys file (used by the Oracle node) would be as
follows:
INCLUDE /adsmorc/.../DB* mgmtclassnameforDBs
INCLUDE /adsmorc/.../LOG* mgmtclassnameforLogs

Regards,

Pierre Cayé